Our Services EKG (Electrocardiogram) Test
An electrocardiogram, or EKG, records the electrical signals in your heart each time it beats. It’s a common and painless test used to quickly detect heart problems in people of all ages and monitor your heart’s health. It can also show the size and position of your heart’s chambers.
An EKG can be used to determine or detect:
- Abnormal heart rhythm, or arrhythmias
- Whether you have had a previous heart attack
- How well certain heart disease treatments are working
- If blocked or narrowed arteries in your heart are causing chest pains or a heart attack
The American Heart Association does not recommend using them to assess adults at low risk who don’t have symptoms, but if you have a family history of heart disease, your doctor may suggest one as a screening test. There is no additional charge to our members for an EKG test performed in our office.
You may need an EKG if you have any of the following signs and symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Dizziness, lightheadedness or confusion
- Heart palpitations
- Rapid pulse
- Shortness of breath
- Weakness, fatigue or a decline in ability to exercise
Diagnostic testing, such as an EKG, gathers information critical to correct diagnosis and the monitoring of conditions that can drastically affect your life.
Contact us today to see how EBO MD can change your life.